the university was experiencing such turmoil. He reached out to B | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wangzonghui123
The Battle at Bristol between Virginia Tech and Tennessee on Saturday (8 p. Ultra Boost Pas Cher Femme .m. ET, ABC) has us thinking about cars. In this case, were thinking about first cars.Long before the seven-figure contracts and school-issued Escalades, coaches were just like us, driving around in cars that may not have been the prettiest but still hold special memories. Dan Mullen drove his ballet-teacher-mothers ride, which had the license plate UDANCE. Bill Snyder had a 1946 (!) yellow convertible that his mother forced him to give back because he was staying out too late. Kliff Kingsbury got stuck in a lake while trying to, in his words, be really smooth with a female friend.Here are our favorite first-car stories from coaches: Bill Snyder, Kansas State, 1946 yellow Mercury convertibleI was raised by a single-parent mother. My first automobile, my father -- they were separated -- bought a 1946 yellow Mercury convertible. I was 16 years old and I didnt deserve to have an automobile and my mother knew that. She was in chagrin that I did. It kind of affected things. I started staying out a little bit later than I should and driving around and maybe got a little distracted from the way my mother wanted me to be. I didnt have it maybe at best two weeks. My mother called my father and said either you come and get this automobile tomorrow or you will find it in the Missouri River, which was about six blocks away from our house. Sure enough, my father came and got the automobile.? Kliff Kingsbury, Texas Tech, white Ford F-150 truckKind of a ranch truck my grandfather gave me off of his ranch, not his in-town driving truck, so it was a little rough, but it got around. I got it stuck in a lake, in his lake, one night trying to be really smooth with a female friend and he had to come pull me out at about 2 a.m., so, bad look. Bad night. Dan Mullen, Mississippi State, 1984 Ford MustangMy first car, I turned 16, my mom had an old 84 Ford Mustang with the T-bar roof, the glass roofs you can take off and put in the container in the back. It was kind of one of those down years for Mustangs. It wasnt one of the really awesome, cool ones. I ended up getting it to have to drive my younger brother and sister around, so you took on an awful lot of responsibilities. But I tell you what: When youre 16, you pop the roof off a car, you did feel pretty cool blaring some music out of a bad stereo in this somewhat not-so-cool car. The only issue was my mom teaches classical ballet and the license plate at the time said UDANCE. So all of my friends would laugh because wed go out in the UDANCE-mobile. Jim McElwain, Florida, 1972 pea-green Ford PintoMy first car, it really comes to ownership, was a 1972 Ford Pinto. Sweet-pea green. And I had a killer eight-track tape deck. Listenin to tunes (Earth, Wind & Fire), rollin down the road, that stick shift hummin ... There aint nothing like a Ford Pinto.? Dabo Swinney, Clemson, black Nissan SentraLooked like a little BMW. It was awesome.Best moment: Getting it back after I had it about a month. It went over a cliff and smashed into a tree. Kicked out of gear and I had to pay on it for like a year, making payments before I got it out of the Bondo shop. Getting it back was like getting a new car all over again.Whose fault was the accident??I guess it was mine. I put it in second gear and got out of the car and it kicked out of gear. I was getting ready to go in my buddys truck and clean gutters and work, and turn around and it was rolling. I got in front of it trying to stop it and it kept rolling and momentum went off the driveway into the woods and T-boned into a tree. It was a devastating moment. I only had it like a month and I didnt have a car prior to that. So I was without a car for another year. I ended up not having insurance on it, so thats why it was in the shop for so long. Ultra Boost Pas Cher France . Tevez, who has had conflicts with coaches in the past, has not been called up since Sabella was named coach in 2011. Argentina boasts Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Angel Di Maria. Chaussure Ultra Boost Pas Cher . Inter president Erick Thohir says in a club statement on Wednesday that Vidic is "one of the worlds best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree, and charisma will be an asset. http://www.ultraboostpascher.fr/ . Emery skated the length of the ice and fought an unwilling Holtby during the third period of the Flyers 7-0 loss Friday night in Philadelphia. He was given 29 penalty minutes, including a game misconduct. But Emery did not face even a disciplinary hearing with NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan because rules 46. DALLAS -- Baylor quarterback Seth Russell was on a mission trip in Brazil when he got the text message that Art Briles was no longer Baylors coach. Cornerback Ryan Reid was waking up at his moms house in Dallas when he found out. Neither saw it coming, and today both are just trying to move forward.The Baylor players spoke to reporters Tuesday during Big 12 media days, for the first time since the programs May coaching change. Both insist theyre staying focused on the season ahead in the wake of the schools sexual assault scandal, and they hope they can help restore the reputation of a school theyre proud to attend.You have to take pride each and every day when you go to work, especially representing a university like Baylor, Russell said. Its an honor to play for Baylor. With all the Baylor nation around, its cool to see the support system and see how everyone has stuck together and not turned their back on us.The players praised the efforts interim coach Jim Grobe has made to support them through the turbulent summer. Russell said their new leader has brought character and an encouraging presence to the team in a time of need.The first thing he told us was hes here to help us and support us, Reid said. I feel like thats the smartest thing anybody could come in and say to a bunch of kids that are heartbroken.The cornerback said the message from Grobe and his assistants this summer, with so much scruttiny on the program in recent months, has been to stay focused on football and only what they can control. Ultra Boost Pas Cher Homme. We have to keep worrying about football and the season coming, Reid said. We cant wonder why this or why that. That throws us off from doing what we came here to do: win football games, win the Big 12, contend for a national championship.Russell felt helpless being so far away from Waco, Texas -- he was on a Fellowship of Christian Athletes mission trip with fellow Baylor student-athletes -- while the university was experiencing such turmoil. He reached out to Briles right away. Russell said his former coach urged him to stay the course.Russell knows whats being said about the culture of the football program. He knows the actions of some have done considerable damage, and he hopes Baylor players can play a major role in helping repair the schools image.Were all human. If nobody has made a bad decision in life, please tell me, and Ill follow them, Russell said. Weve all made bad decisions. This just happened to be a pretty bad decision by some of the guys, and they paid for it. Theyre not on the team anymore. Theyre not here at Baylor. They lost a big opportunity.But its not going to shape our program. Were trying to build the way people view Baylor back up. Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '
Share: